Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Billion Here...A Trillion There

We hear our elected folks talk about millions, billions and even trillions of dollars. They throw out those numbers casually and sometimes I'm not sure I, or you, really understand what those names represent.

I came across what I believe is an excellent illustration of the relationship between these numbers. Check this out:


I guess I'm a "visual" guy, rather than a strict numbers guy, so that illustration really helps me to understand. Amazing isn't it?

Now, try to comprehend that the Total Public Debt Outstanding of these United States is over 14 trillion dollars! Then try to imagine the amount of interest on that debt. It makes my head hurt, as well it should. After all, pretty soon we'll be talking about Real Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment