Thursday, October 20, 2011

Short-Timer

My final work day at this company is rapidly approaching. It's coming at me so quickly that I'm afraid I'll look back afterwards and think, "why didn't I...? I should've...". I must admit that my focus is on what type of part-time gig will follow. It's a terrific time though, to be sure, very exciting and filled with both anticipation and just a bit of melancholy-ness, too.

The past 13 years with this company have been terrific and I consider myself fortunate to have been here and participated in the growth we've experienced. But things have changed as one would expect, so it's high time this old guy moves on.

A retired friend encouraged me to make the most of the time left here, because the relationships and the day-to-day regimentation will soon be gone. Words of wisdom, I'd bet.

So, here we go down the very short road leading to that last day. You can be sure I plan to make the most of it. Fasten your seat belt, Paul, we've begun our decent as we prepare for landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment