Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Blog Vacation and Special Music

OK, I know, shame on me; three weeks since my last blog post. No excuses, just this 'n' that going on, including my "milestone" 65th birthday, which came and went with a whimper. After these many, you're just glad to have made another. Accept my apologies for being missing in action for a time.

What inspired me today, though, is that I opened the iTunes program and began to listen to Christmas tunes for the first time this year. The first one to play, Jo Dee Messina's A Joyful Noise, immediately grabbed me by the throat...

Somethin' 'bout December
Gets me thinking of the past
How the child that I was
Grew up so fast
But I still remember getting caught in the thrill
In the magic of the season, and I know I always will

Make a joyful noise
Send it out across the sky tonight
Send it racin' through the cool starlight
Let it fall on Heaven's ears
Indeed.

Then, Celine Dion came along next blasting O Holy Night, as only she can blast it. Ah, the music of Christmas...joyous, beautiful, and full of memories. Even the more modern Chip Davis and his Mannheim Steamroller group takes those old time classics and makes them into extraordinary, synthesized, New Age wonders that help you to "see" the horse and sleigh prancing through the new snowfall, or the Christmas star shining over that stable in Bethlehem.

Our eclectic collection of Christmas tunes ranges from the piano of Jim Brickman, to Reba, Michael Bolton, Kenny G, Vince Gill and others. Each of them bringing their own flavor to add to the magic of this special season.

Merry Christmas, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment