Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Pack Family

Back in the early 1990s, while researching my family history, my searches connected me with some interesting and unknown (until then) relatives. Carol Pack Urban is one fellow genealogist that helped me immensely in tracing my maternal grandmother's Pack family all the way back to the sixteenth century in England; tons of fantastic information that I treasure. Ms Urban also shared a few old family photos taken in both Kentucky and West Virginia. Shame on me for poor filing and labeling practices, but you'll get the "flavor" I'm trying to share.

Pack family home---down in a hollow. 
A few long, lost relatives taking a break on the front porch. 

I apologize for not being able to better identify either photo. Perhaps during my upcoming planned retirement years I'll be able to become better organized and find out more about these folks. The images do convey the stereotypical "hill folk" we often think of, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment