Friday, July 22, 2011

Just be You

I saw this quote this morning and thought, "yeah, well, that can be a very tough thing to pull off".

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.    ~ Rita Mae Brown

So, think about it:  what "mask" do you put on for a job interview? when you enter a crowded room filled with strangers?  to meet with your boss? when you sit down at a table with your best friends? when you're at work? when the cop that just pulled you over taps on your car window?

For myself...guilty. I'm not the same "me" in all those situations.

So what's up with that? To impress people? So people don't see who you really are (gasp!)? To get something you want? To avoid something you don't want?

Ms Brown makes it sound easy to just be "you". I beg to differ; what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment