Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fashionable Ideology

I tripped across this piece, published by one of the information sources I follow, PJ Media. I think Mr. Rubin has hit the sadly bent nail on the head.
...the fashionable hatred is not those who look down on other races or nations or homosexuals as inferiors who should be despised. Such thought crime is rare in the West today. It has been replaced by hatred of the truly religious, the non-big city, the non-leftist people who don't think the right things. Roughly 50 percent of Americans so view the other 50 percent today. Much of the media, entertainment industry, publishing, schools, and politicians do so. 
Taking another swipe at that nail, Rubin says...
One of the great successes of leftism (pretending to be liberalism) in North America and Europe today is that it has made itself so fashionable, so identified with sophistication, intellectual quality, and what used to be called the upper class. Not the old upper class of country clubs and yachts...but the upper class of merit, the truly good, who hate racism and are saving the earth.
Funny how many of these people are quite wealthy themselves. The message is:  My money and success is justified by my holding proper attitudes. Al Gore may have a big house and a big carbon footprint, but that's okay because he talks about how these things are evil. 

Give it a full read when you have a bit of time.


I think you'll find yourself nodding your head and thinking, "yeah, sad but true!"

I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment