Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If You're Readin' This

It would have been perhaps more timely to post this yesterday, Memorial Day, but no day is a bad day to think about and appreciate the sacrifices of our troops. I hope you gathered your family, fired up the grill, and enjoyed the sunshine in the peace our soldiers, sailors, and airmen have kept in place for us.

That being said, I must report my huge disappointment when I noticed just ours and one other house in our neighborhood were displaying Old Glory yesterday. Was your flag up and proudly waving in the breeze? Perhaps it's up every day, even every hour, and if so I commend you. There are, however, certain days when I feel every American should fly the flag to indicate their love of country and/or their appreciation and recognition of our troops.

So today I offer my thanks to those who didn't make it home by posting the following video and Tim McGraw song. My heartfelt thanks goes out to those who gave it all, and to the families they left behind.


2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to say our flag was waving in the breeze as it is everyday. Sadly only two others on our street were displayed Memorial day. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sis, much appreciated. It is a sad state to think so few commemorate special national holidays.

    ReplyDelete