Thursday, February 3, 2011

More 2011 Blizzard Stuff

Seeing the stories and photos from around the country today underlines the fact that this was definitely a rare monster storm crossing the country. I like a bit of snowfall Christmas Eve, but this is way over the top!

Lake Shore Drive in Chicago was a mess. It remains closed this morning.
------------------------Scott Olson/Getty Images

Lake Shore Drive during the storm. Some people
stayed with their vehicles for NINE HOURS!

This image, courtesy NOAA, shows the monster storm
on Tuesday, February 1, from 22,000 miles up. 

Clearing snow in Dallas. I know they're not prepared to handle snow there,
but I can only hope my driveway is this clear by March 15th!!!

Poughkeepsie, New York. I love a church with a sense of humor.
I'm hearing that up to 100 million people (nearly 1/3 of the U.S. population) were affected by this storm. I know the East Coast has had their fill of Winter's wrath; I'll bet we all have had about enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment