Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sibling Love

I have three sisters. Of course, each of us will now claim to have been the best child a parent could possibly hope to have.

I recently came upon evidence to the contrary. First, I give you exhibit A:

l - r: Paul, Peggy and Nancy after Paul's high school graduation, 1965
Image courtesy Nancy, of course!
Now, in case the quality of this old photo doesn't allow you to see the detail of Peggy's face, check out this cropped close-up:

Ah, what a sweetheart! She sure looks like someone headed to Ohio State University, doesn't she? A Buckeye for sure. Nancy still remembers how angry Mom was upon seeing the photo in print.

This next shot, from 1955 or so, shows true brotherly love for his little sister. I don't recall what the problem was exactly, but I believe I was saying, "hold your head up and smile for cryin' out loud!"

Nancy looked very cute in that fancy coat, but I was truly stylin' with the
bow tie and huge cowlick!

Oh, sweet memories of how well we all got along and what perfect children we were, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment